Vandalism is art when it is done nicely! Saw this on the metal door of a shophouse in Malacca, Malaysia. Not too sure if its deliberately done by the owners, but it has def made the place looks more hipster than it’s neighbors.
Whenever i have free time, i will tidy up my room but it’ll always end up to become a makeover.
Some simple guidelines that i observe when doing my room..
- Always recycle what is unwanted, technically everything is recyclable but also depending on the waste collector of your constituency/recycling organisation that you are sending your stuffs to. Some collectors do not take in electronic and bulky items.
- Keep things on display to a minimal, dust often gets trap in this area. And nobody has the time to wipe them away all the time.
- Clean & Comfort
- Display things that keep you motivated and inspired, you might not see the reason why but you will when times are bad and nobody is there to advice you, these quotes work wonders. Studies shows that the things you see in your room shows your personality, positive things = positive mind..
- Keep photos of you and your loved ones. I have a pinup board for all the happy memories and inspiring stuff.
- Chose plain bed sheet colours, tone down the colours and patterns of the major furniture in the room. Enough of colorful elements in the room, all you need is something plain and neutral to tone things down.
- Do not congest your room with lots of furniture, keep some space for yourself to breathe.
Lastly, my concept isn’t the perfect one, but i made a personal space that i am proud and and feel comfortable living in. Hope it works for you 🙂